Monday, February 27, 2012

On Turning Another Year Older

Well, I celebrated my 38th birthday on Saturday, and it was a good time! Since Denver was in the midst of "Restaurant Week" and most everything was booked solid, we decided to go just a bit out of town to Castle Rock, Colorado, where we enjoyed a gathering of friends at an establishment called "Tana Dolce," which translates to "Sweet Hideaway".

I have to say I was impressed by "Tana Dolce". The place was decorated inside with a definite Italian-themed decor, and I understood that the owner actually purchased most of it in Italy. It all fit together quite nicely, and it provided a cozy atmosphere which was great for an intimate gathering of friends. We actually had the entire downstairs section to ourselves! Upstairs there was a bar and another seating area with a LavAzza espresso maker and a TV showing aerial scenes from Italy. You could tell the owners were infatuated with Italy, and I must say the appetizers certainly did remind me of Italy. The staff were also very attentive to our needs.

We will definitely go back to this place in the future. If you don't want to fight the crowds of downtown Denver, and you'd like to avoid an incredibly noisy bar scene, then give "Tana Dolce" a try! I think you'll be pleased with how a small part of Italy comes alive in downtown Castle Rock, Colorado.

www.QueensLanderTours.com

No comments: