Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Great Time in Europe! Returning Home Wednesday...

Well, it's been awhile since I had the opportunity to get out on the road and lead one of our tours, but that's what I've been doing for the last few weeks. I've actually crossed two of our tours, but I primarily led our May 13 Italy's Great Cities tour. It wasn't supposed to happen, but due to some last-minute changes, I found myself taking on the task. After all, I am the original Tour Captain for QueensLander Tours, so it's important and good for me to occasionally reconnect with what makes our tours so special. It's important for me to know first-hand what our regular Tour Captains deal with on a daily basis. It's important for me to know the problems our vendors may encounter as they service our guests. It's important for me to take a second look at our hotels and restaurants to make sure they are living up to the quality of experience that our guests demand and deserve. And most importantly, it's beneficial for me to connect with our clientele so I know what their thinking is about our product, as well as how we can improve our service!

During this time away, I have had a wonderful group of folks on the Italy's Great Cities tour. We also had an equally stellar group traveling through Northern Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. I so enjoyed our time in Salzburg and Vienna! Even though it was rainy, we had a terrific time! I hope to return to these two places again soon.

So, I will be back in the office Thursday morning, ready to tackle all the challenges that may have arisen while I was away. Still, my time in the field has been productive. It will go a long way toward helping me renew our core values in the home office, as well as giving me suggestions for improving our new venture into Austria and Switzerland. New challenges and new horizons, the hallmarks of a continually growing company!

www.QueensLanderTours.com

1 comment:

Deborah said...

We have been looking for the dream trip to the art and architecture of italy and ran across your company today. unfortunately when I went to book a trip my agent had never heard of your company and said that she would not be able to go forward with booking a trip with you. We have not signed the dotted line but the agent has recommended a larger group for us going to the same destinations for about the same price.
Of course I am looking for a guarantee, ��